Medical Surgical Unit Travel Registered Nurse (Med Surg RN)
Vero offers contract Medical Surgical travel nurse assignments in domestic and international locations. Through client partnerships, we place healthcare professionals in leading rural hospitals, level 1 trauma centers, and academic research facility emergency rooms.
At Vero, we pride ourselves on delivering the following core values to every nurse: excellence, integrity, urgency, perseverance, and care. We go beyond finding you just a job placement, we focus on your individual needs. We are your partner for the journey ahead. We will do whatever it takes to keep you satisfied.
Vero Travel Nurse Benefits:
• High Competitive Pay Packages
• Weekly Payroll Deposit
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance Available 1st Day of Employment
• Generous 401(k) Plan & Company Match
• Licensure Reimbursements
• Experienced Clinical Nursing Staff & Dedicated Supportive Recruiting Team available 24/7
Medical Surgical Unit RN Specialty Description:
Medical Surgical care is a catch-all for patients who aren’t well enough to go home, but not sick enough to require specialized care. Nurses are involved in these activities: inserting Foley caths, NG tubes, starting IVs, changing wound dressings, passing meds. Patients on a Med Surg unit include post-op, diabetics, bariatric surgery patients, detox, psych, cancer, orthopedic, heart disease, emphysema. This is usually the last stop at a hospital before the patient is released.
Often, travelers earn higher pay than staff nurses, but pay will vary based on assignment location, requirements, certifications, and your experience.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
• Successful completion of a BSN, Diploma, or Associated Nursing Degree Program
• Valid BLS & ACLS certifications
• Valid professional state registered nursing (RN) license required
• 2+ years of relevant experience in a hospital facility required
• Three professional references required