What is the DAISY Award?Vero RN is proud to partner with The DAISY Foundation to thank the nurses that work with us. The DAISY (Disease Attaching the Immune System) Award is a prestigious award celebrating nurses around the world. It was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, whose life was shortened by an autoimmune disease at the age of 33. To honor his memory, but also to recognize the nursing excellence and compassion during his hospitalization, they felt compelled to thank nurses in a very public way. The DAISY award is given annually and will be based on voting from Vero’s DAISY selection committee. All nominees and the honoree are recognized during the ceremony.
Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse made a difference you will never forget!
Nominating a Vero NurseEligible participants may be nominated by their patients & patients’ family, peers, clinical management, or staff at Vero RN. To nominate a nurse for Vero’s DAISY Award, your nominee should meet the following criteria:
- Worked with Vero in the past 6 months
- Active RN in good standing with Vero RN & their healthcare facility
- Demonstrated exemplary knowledge and insight on nursing procedures and patient care
- Built trusting relationships with patients and patients’ families
- Demonstrated a passion for being a nurse and taking care of their patients
- Acted as a leader and role model to other nurses
What Makes a NomineeVero DAISY recipients are nurses who exhibit our core values in all they do.
RECOGNIZE AN EXTRAORDINARY NURSE
Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse went above and beyond to make a difference in your life. What extraordinary experience can you share?